SUPPORT WORKERS REQUIRED!
Job Title: Support Worker
Location: Bradford BD15 7AG/ London SW16 5PG
Hours per week: 37.5 hours (various shift patterns)
Starting salary: £10.00 per hour (+Bonuses)
Valicity Care Services aim to provide a supportive, caring environment where people feel part of the family and have a place, they can call home. Not just another institution, we aim to empower people who are living with enduring mental health problems to live fulfilling lives and re-integrate them back into the community equipped with the necessary life skills required to live in harmony with society.
This is an exciting opportunity for a caring, conscientious Support Worker, who is passionate about working with and supporting young people.
Key duties include:
· Working to devise, review and implement young people care plans to enable them to achieve positive outcomes as agreed with manager
· acting as a positive role model, nurture, and care for all young people in the Home.
· maintaining high quality of care and support which meets the physical, emotional, intellectual, social, and cultural needs of children and young people within the home.
· Providing a caring, supportive, and nurturing environment in which children/young people can feel safe and secure and free from harm.
· Establishing relationships which young people perceive to be positive, warm, and rewarding.
· Monitoring care plans and placement plans, activities, and community involvement, and provide oversight of individual care planning for all young people looked after and designated to you.
· Maintain a positive and informed response to young people and their behavior.
· Support service users with education placements and work experience where necessary.
· Promote a positive culture within the home and a homely environment
· Maintain structure and boundaries within the home.
The support worker benefits:
· Competitive rates of pay
· Annual discretional bonuses
· Recognition Awards
· Annual pay review
· 28 days Annual Leave (including Bank & public holidays)
· Career progression
· Excellent onboarding program
· Free mandatory training
· Flexible hours, including day, night, and weekend shifts
· Working with a dedicated team of professionals, who are passionate about caring to a high standard
· Company Employee Assistance Program - Immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
· Commitment to support CPD
· Free enhanced DBS
You will need:
· Diploma in Health and Social Care Level 2 or equivalent QCF
· high standards of care for Young People with learning disabilities and enduring mental health issues
· Sound understanding of good care principles
· Clear understanding of safeguarding young people at risk understanding of regulations and legislation within the care profession
· Effective Communication, both verbally and non-verbally
· To be flexible and approachable with a positive attitude, even under pressure
· To Deal with emergencies and difficult situations
· Effective written skills to record with accuracy and detail
· A team player with ability to work on own initiative, self-motivated and organized
We are an Equal Opportunities employer, we oppose all forms of unlawful discrimination, on all grounds and we welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Safeguarding is paramount and we require all successful candidates to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Covid-19 safety is also paramount, we support all staff and young people to stay safe by providing and wearing the correct PPE and following current Government guidelines